How to Block First Bank Account Without Going to Bank
In an age where digital transactions and online banking are commonplace, the security of our financial assets has never been more crucial.
As an First Bank account holder, you have the responsibility to safeguard your money and personal information from potential threats.
That is why learning how to block your First Bank account effectively is a vital skill that empowers you to take control of your financial security.
You Will Also Like:
In this informative blog post, we will walk you through the importance of knowing when and how to block your account, and we’ll provide you with essential tips to keep your finances safe from unauthorized access, theft, and fraudulent activities.
This post will be an answer if you ever have any of the following queries:
- How to block First Bank account
- Code to block First Bank account
- How to block an First Bank account from another phone
- How to block First Bank account online
- How to block your First Bank account
- How can I block my First Bank account
- How to block my First Bank account with another phone
- How do I block my First Bank account
- How to block First Bank account when phone is stolen
If you are ready, let’s get started by talking about…
Importance of Knowing How to Block Your Account
Imagine this: you wake up one morning, only to notice some suspicious activities on your bank account. Panic sets in as you realize the potential risk of unauthorized access to your hard-earned money.
This is where knowing how to block your First Bank account becomes a superhero-like skill.
By understanding the account-blocking process, you gain the power to act swiftly and decisively in case of any security threat.
It’s like having a safety button for your finances, allowing you to shield yourself from cyber threats and fraudulent activities.
So, whether it’s a stolen phone or any suspicious activity, you can put your superhero cap on and block access to your account in a flash.
Also see | How To Link NIN To MTN In 2024 (Full Guide)
But before we look at how to block First Bank account, it is important to look at…
Scenarios That Call for Blocking Your First Bank Account
Life is unpredictable, and sometimes unfortunate events unfold. Here are a few scenarios where you might find yourself needing to hit that account-blocking button:
- Lost or Stolen Phone: Misplacing or having your phone stolen is not only inconvenient but also a potential security breach. Without access to your phone, anyone could attempt to get into your account. Blocking your account immediately helps prevent any unauthorized transactions and keeps your money out of harm’s way.
- Suspected Fraudulent Activity: Ever received a notification about a transaction you never made? It’s a scary feeling, no doubt. Suspecting fraudulent activity in your account requires swift action. Blocking your account halts any further unauthorized access and keeps your finances secure while the bank investigates the issue.
- Unauthorized Access: Maybe you shared your account information with a friend or family member in good faith, but they accessed your account without your permission. In such cases, blocking your account ensures that only you have control over your hard-earned money.
Now that you know this, let’s talk about…
How to Block First Bank Account With USSD Code
When it comes to securing your First Bank account on the go, there’s a nifty tool right at your fingertips – the USSD code! First Bank provides a specific USSD code that allows you to block your account instantly from your mobile phone.
So what is the code to block First Bank accounts?
- The USSD code to block your First Bank account is *770*911#.
Yes, it’s that simple! All you need to do is dial this code from the mobile number registered with your First Bank account.
Step-by-Step Process for Using the USSD Code to Block First Bank Account
Now that you have the USSD code, here’s how you can use it effectively to block your First Bank account:
- Open Phone App: Unlock your phone and open the phone app.
- Dial USSD Code: In the phone app, dial the following USSD code: *894*911#
- After dialing the USSD code, you will receive a notification.
- On the next page, you will receive another notification.
- Reply with “1” to confirm that you want to block (“Post No Debit”) your First Bank account.
- Enter Account Number:
- After confirming, you will be prompted to enter your First Bank account number.
- Enter your First Bank account number and send it.
After completing these steps, your First Bank account will be successfully blocked for “Post No Debit” (meaning no further withdrawals or debits can be made from the account). To unblock your account or for further assistance, please contact First Bank’s customer support.
That is how to quickly block your First Bank account using the USSD code.
Below is another method you can use…
- Access Your SMS App: Unlock your phone and open the SMS (text messaging) app.
- Compose a New Message: Tap on the option to compose a new message within your SMS app.
- Enter the Message Content:In the message body, type “BLOCK” (without quotes).
- Recipient Number: In the recipient or phone number field, ensure that you’re using the phone number registered with your First Bank account.
- Send the Message: After composing the message and confirming the recipient number, send the SMS to 30012.
- Confirmation: Shortly after sending the SMS, you should receive a confirmation message stating that your First Bank account has been successfully blocked.
Note you have to use the phone number linked to your line to carry out this task.
Here are some…
Additional Tips on Code to Block First Bank Account
- Ensure that you dial the USSD code from the mobile number linked to your First Bank account. Using a different number may result in an unsuccessful attempt to block your account.
- Keep your mobile phone and SIM card secure at all times to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of the USSD code.
- In case you face any issues or have questions, don’t hesitate to contact First Bank’s customer service for assistance.
Now let’s move on to talk about…
How to Block First Bank Account Online
When it comes to blocking your First Bank account, it’s essential to know that the bank does not currently offer an online option for this process.
First Bank, however, provides two reliable alternatives to ensure the security of your account.
The first method involves using the convenient USSD code, which allows you to block your account using your mobile phone.
The second option is to reach out to First Bank’s dedicated customer care team, who will assist you in promptly blocking your account.
While online account blocking isn’t available, these two methods offer reliable and efficient ways to safeguard your finances and personal information during unforeseen circumstances.
Also see | How To Buy Airtel Airtime From Nirsal MFB
That being said, it is time you know…
How to Block First Bank Account through Customer Service
As you already know, your First Bank account is like a fortress, safeguarding your hard-earned money.
But what if you find yourself in a situation where you need immediate assistance to block your account?
Fret not, because First Bank’s customer service is just a call away!
Here is how to block your First Bank account through First Bank customer care.
Step 1: Access Customer Service Contact Details
When you need to block your First Bank account urgently, simply reach out to the bank’s customer service team.
You can do this through their dedicated phone number, email address, and social media channels. Alternatively, you can visit the nearest First Bank branch and speak to a representative in person.
Step 2: Verify Your Identity
Once you connect with the customer service representative, they will ask you to verify your identity for security purposes. Be prepared to provide some account-related information, such as your full name, date of birth, registered mobile number, and possibly your account number or other verification details.
Step 3: Request to Block Your Account
Clearly explain to the customer service representative that you need to block your First Bank account urgently. They will guide you through the process and ensure your account is promptly secured.
Step 4: Follow Additional Instructions
The customer service representative may provide you with additional instructions or security measures to ensure your account remains safe during the blocking process. Follow these instructions diligently to prevent any unauthorized access.
Step 5: Receive Confirmation
Once your First Bank account is successfully blocked, the customer service representative will provide you with a confirmation message. This confirmation serves as proof that your account is secured, giving you peace of mind during unforeseen circumstances.
That is how to block your First Bank account via the First Bank Customer Care route.
To learn more about how to contact First Bank customer care check these out…
- First Bank Customer Care WhatsApp Number (2024)
- First Bank Customer Care Number: How To Contact First Bank Customer Care 2024
To learn more about how to resolve issues by contacting First Bank Customer Care be sure to check these other posts:
Now it’s time to know…
How to Block an First Bank Account from Another Phone
We rely heavily on our mobile phones for various tasks nowadays, including managing our finances.
But what happens if your primary phone is lost, stolen, or simply unavailable?
You don’t have to worry – First Bank has you covered!
You can easily block an First Bank account on another phone using these steps.
2. Enter Phone Number:
- After dialing the USSD code, you will be prompted to enter the phone number linked to your bank account that you want to deactivate.
- Input the phone number as requested.
That is how to block a First Bank account on another phone. And as you can see the process is the same as blocking the account from your registered number.
So if you know when then you’ve known the other.
Also see | How To Buy MTN Airtime From FCMB Account
Now let’s look at some…
Additional Tips on How to Block First Bank Account
Have Essential Account Information Ready
When it comes to blocking your First Bank account successfully, being prepared is the key to quick and efficient action.
Before attempting to block your account, make sure you have the essential account information readily available.
Here’s a list of the necessary details you should have on hand:
- Account Number: Your unique First Bank account number is the primary identifier for your account. It’s crucial to have this information memorized or securely written down for easy access during the blocking process.
- Registered Mobile Number: The mobile number registered with your First Bank account plays a crucial role in verifying your identity. Ensure you have access to this mobile number, as you might receive verification codes during the account-blocking process.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN): Your account’s PIN is like a secret key that unlocks your financial vault. Keep this PIN confidential and avoid sharing it with anyone to maintain the highest level of security.
- Date of Birth: Your date of birth is another piece of information that may be required for identity verification during the account-blocking process.
Here are some other…
Security Measures to follow on How to Block First Bank Account
- Keep Your Mobile Phone Secure: Your mobile phone is the gateway to your First Bank account, so safeguard it diligently. Set up a strong passcode or biometric lock on your phone to prevent unauthorized access.
- Be Cautious with Personal Information: During the account-blocking process, be wary of any unsolicited calls, emails, or messages requesting your account details or PIN. First Bank will never ask for such information through these channels, so never divulge sensitive data to unknown individuals.
- Use Secure Networks: When accessing your First Bank account, ensure you use a secure and private network. Avoid using public Wi-Fi or shared computers for banking transactions, as these networks may pose security risks.
That is all you have to know on how to block an First Bank Account.
But, if you have any other questions be sure to check the FAQs below to get the answer you seek.
Favourite Ask Questions on How to Block First Bank Account
How do I block my First Bank account with USSD?
To block your First Bank account using USSD:
- Dial the specific USSD code provided by First Bank.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Confirm your action as required.
Can I close my First account online?
No, First Bank does not currently offer an online option to block accounts. However, you can use the USSD code or contact customer care for assistance.
What information do I need to have on hand to block my account?
To block your account, you should have your account number, registered mobile number, and Personal Identification Number (PIN) ready.
What should I do to block my First Bank account if I lost my phone?
To block your First Bank account if your phone is lost, you can take the following steps:
- SMS Method: Send an SMS with the keyword “BLOCK” to 30012 using the phone number registered with your First Bank account. This will help secure your account and prevent unauthorized access.
- Contact Customer Support: It’s also advisable to contact First Bank’s customer support as soon as possible to report the loss of your phone and request further assistance in securing your account.
By taking these steps promptly, you can help protect your account and prevent any unauthorized transactions in case your phone is lost or stolen.
What is the code to block a First account?
To block your First Bank account, follow these steps:
- Dial the USSD code *894*911# from any phone.
- Input your phone number when prompted.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Your First Bank account will be successfully blocked.
Is it necessary to verify my identity during the account-blocking process?
Yes, for added security, First Bank may require you to verify your identity through PIN or other account-related information.
What should I do if my primary phone is lost or stolen?
In case of a lost or stolen phone, use another phone to dial the USSD code or contact customer care immediately to block your account.
Can I unblock my First Bank account after it’s blocked?
Yes, you can unblock your account by contacting customer care and following their instructions.
Is there a fee for blocking my First Bank account?
First Bank does not charge a fee for blocking your account. It is a security measure provided to account holders.
How quickly will my account be blocked using the USSD code or customer care?
Your First Bank account will be blocked promptly upon successful completion of the process using either the USSD code or customer care assistance.
That is how to block First Bank accounts using different methods.
Fastnuggets on How to Block First Bank Account
This blog post has highlighted two effective methods for blocking an First Bank account: the convenient USSD code and reaching out to the dedicated customer care team. While online blocking isn’t available, these alternatives ensure your financial security during unexpected situations.
Promptly blocking your First Bank account is of utmost importance, safeguarding your hard-earned money and personal information from potential threats like theft, fraud, and unauthorized access.
As you prioritize your financial well-being, we encourage you to share this valuable information with your friends and family. Spreading awareness about securing accounts can empower others to take control of their finances and stay protected in the ever-evolving digital world.
Remember, being proactive and knowledgeable about account security is the key to a worry-free banking experience with First Bank.
Stay safe, stay vigilant, and keep your finances protected at all times!
Lastly, if you have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out through the comment section, and we will get back to you immediately.